The Swedish Energy Agency has opened their call regarding the development of sustainable and cost-efficient ocean energy systems. The proposed budget of the call is expected to be around 18 million SEK with a deadline for applications set to midnight on August 30, 2018.
The purpose of the call is to support the continued development of cost-efficient and sustainable ocean energy systems in Sweden, as well as the value chain. There is also a goal of spreading knowledge and information while increasing cooperation.
Who can apply?
Swedish companies, institutes, universities and colleges.
The focus areas of the programme are:
- Environmental effects connected to establishment, operation and liquidation.
- Components, part systems and prototypes for cost-efficiency when generating electricity.
- Reliability and survivability.
- Improved strategies for establishment, operating and maintenance.
- Test and demonstration of aggregates in marine environment.
The call comprises wave power, tidal power and salt- and temperature gradient power.
Projects seeking financial support are expected to start between January 1, 2019 and the 1st of April 2019. The projects cannot go on for any longer than March 25, 2024.
Projects must lead to new knowledge or methods alternatively develop or demonstrate new technique or processes. The project can also be a feasibility study before a demonstration.
For more information, visit: