What is the European Investment Project Portal?
The European Investment Project Portal (EIPP) has been set-up by the European Commission to help project developers find investors. It is designed to:
– increase the visibility of projects looking for investment;
– give investors quick access to a pipeline of viable Projects.
As part of the broader Investment Plan for Europe, the Commission is promoting investment in strategic sectors such as renewable energy and ocean energy.
The portal lists projects in these strategic sectors across Europe. Through search functions, it allows potential investors to access the information and get in contact with the project developers.
Can I submit my project to the EIPP?
A project can feature on the European, Investment Project Portal if:
– it is in one of the sectors covered by the EIPP, such as “Renewable Energy Production”;
– it has a total cost of at least €10m (the threshold will be reduced to €5m from November 2016);
– it is expected to start within 3 years, and;
– the developer is a company, organisation or public institution legally established in one of the EU’s 28 member countries.
How can I submit my project to the EIPP?
Project developers who wish to feature on the EIPP should download a submission form from the Commission’s website. Once completed, it should be returned to email@example.com.
The form can be submitted in any official language of the EU. It will be translated for free into English for publication on the EIPP.
Please note that a €250 processing fee will be charged to companies and private organisations per project submitted. Public authorities submitting projects are exempt from this fee.
For more information, please visit the European Investment Project Portal, https://ec.europa.eu/eipp/desktop/en/index.html or contact the Commission’s EIPP team, firstname.lastname@example.org, +352 4301 3578